The D61+ Platform suite provides the following benefits to researchers:
- Get discovered by industry. Expert Connect allows researchers to be discovered by industry and anyone else who has an important role to play in facilitating industry-researcher linkages. All Expert Connect data is available via open API, allowing any organisation to include the full directory of experts (or a subset of it) on their own platform, thereby maximising the opportunities for researchers to be found.
- Get notified of relevant opportunities. If people don’t know what research expertise they need, they can instead post details of their challenge in the Innovation Challenges marketplace. Challenges listed on the platform are automatically flagged with the relevant experts and/or the nominated institution contact point (typically the TTO or Business Development area)
- No profile maintenance. While there are steps researchers can take to boost where they appear in the search results, no manual intervention is required to keep profiles updated. Any new journal publications, patents, grants etc. will automatically be added to the relevant profile.
- Use the data for research. The data from the D61+ Platform suite can be used for research purposes. That might include analysing the researchers in your field (where they are located and how they are connected, finding researchers to collaborate with you etc), or using the InnovationMap to overlay and visualise relevant datasets.
Getting the most from the D61+ Platform Suite
If you’re an Australian researcher, there’s a good chance you already have a profile on Expert Connect. While there’s nothing you need to do to update it, there are a number of actions you can take to boost where you appear in the search results and make sure you receive relevant notifications about Innovation Challenges (remember, it’s not just academic merit, but also industry experience that counts here):
- Claim your profile on Expert Connect. Profile verification takes less than 5 minutes and indicates your interest in connecting with industry. Simply register on the site, search for your name, click "claim your profile" and follow the prompts. If you choose to register using your LinkedIn account, further detail can be added to your Expert Connect profile. By default, the ‘Contact’ button on your profile sends the enquiry to the nominated contact point at your institution, but once you've claimed your profile you can opt to be contacted directly.
- Update your ORCID profile. If you can maintain only one profile, maintain this one! It provides a unique identifier which easily links to records of your outputs, and isn’t lost when you change organisations.
- Update your author profile and write regularly on The Conversation. Every time you write a new article it will automatically appear on your Expert Connect profile.
- Update your organisational profile. Make sure your employer has your latest profile information (e.g. update your university staff directory, or CSIROPeople directory), and that they are an Expert Connect partner.
- Alert us to any profile gaps. If you are aware of other data sources we should be drawing on to complete your profile, please let us know.
- Utilise our data. In line with open innovation principles, our API is open and free to use. You can register here to get access to the API.